(Diagnostic Heart Trace)
- An ECG is a diagnostic heart test.
- At Blackwater Private Clinic, all patients identified with an abnormal tracing will have a Consultant Cardiologist review their ECG tracing.
- An ECG takes a ‘snap shot’ of the electrical activity in your heart while the tracing is being taken.
- It measures the rate ( speed), rhythm ( sinus, atrial fibrillation, ectopic beats), indicates if there could be enlargement of the heart, suggests inflammation around the heart sac, abnormal blood markers e.g High potassium.
- ECG tests are indicated if you suffer from palpitations, high blood pressure, chest pain etc.
- In the case of a medical emergency, chest pain, collapse, call 999.
- ECG testing at Blackwater Private Clinic is for investigatory purposes and not for acutely unwell patients.
If you wish to book an appointment for an ECG test, please contact us today.
Investigation Price -Pre procedure Consultation
- ECG fitting & procedure
- Post procedure analysis and result
£100 Cardiology Specialist Doctor Analysis of ECG (included in fee)