Airway Inflammation (FeNO) Testing
Airway inflammation – especially in this Post Covid 19 era, is a major cause of morbidity and mortality.
Having inflammation in your airways can have a negative impact on our quality of life, fitness and our ability to be comfortable breathing either at rest or during exercise.
- At Blackwater Private Clinic, we can accurately measure FeNO, a chemical marker of lung inflammation seen in some common respiratory lung conditions, such as asthma.
- With additional respiratory devices in the clinic, we can accurately assess your total lung volumes, how fast you can breath out air, checking for obstruction in your airways.
- We can accurately measure the volume of oxygen in your blood and with medical grade devices summarise the findings and either refer you on to an NHS/Private consultant should you require specialist input.
With ground-breaking technology and using Medical grade devices, currently used in hospital respiratory lung clinics, we can:
- Confirm your diagnosis of asthma
- Check that your inhaler technique is correct and the right dose for you.
- Potentially reduce your steroid load ( ie reduce the volume of steroid inhaler you or your child need to take, depending on your result. Then repeat the test in a few weeks to check adequate control)
- Life saving identification of poorly controlled asthma and an urgent referral to hospital, respiratory specialist/GP to maximise your medication.
If you would like to book an appointment or require further information on available options, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Price FeNO breathing test £50 FeNO breathing Test + Consultation/Management plan £150 FeNO breathing test ( 2 tests, within 6 months)
Review Test 2:
£75 Please contact us directly for team testing
( Mobile hub can attend your training)